You can find the videos of the process in my "Cooking With Me" highlights
• 1 large onion
• 1kg of beef mince
• 1/2kg of pork mince
• 2 tins of Campbell’s tomato soup
• 2 tins of diced tomatoes
• Latina Fresh Lasagne Sheets
• 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
• 2 heaped tablespoons of garlic
• 2 heaped teaspoons of thyme
• 2 heaped teaspoons of parsley
• 2 teaspoons of basil
• 2 oxo beef stock cubes
• 2 continental beef stock (the jelly ones)
• 3 heaped tablespoons of butter
• 1/4 cup plain flour
• 2 1/2 cups milk
• 375g smooth ricotta cheese
1. Chop and cook onion till translucent, add in beef and pork mince and brown.
2. Add in spices, tin tomatoes and tin tomato soup.
3. Mix all together, let it come to a fast simmer and then turn it down to a gentle simmer and let cook for 4 hours while mixing every 20/30mins.
I keep the heat on medium and take it on and off the heat when adding milk
1. Melt butter in a saucepan and let bubble.
2. Add in flour and stir (it will become very thick)
3. slowly add in milk and whisk so it becomes smooth.
4. Once all the milk is included and sauce is thick add in ricotta.
Layering the lasagna:
- Using half of the grated cheese
In an oven safe deep dish put a thin layer of the meat sauce (about a centimetre) a drizzle of béchamel sauce a sprinkle of grated cheese, keep layering till either the meat sauce is used up or the lasagna sheets are finished.
Once the layers of the lasagna are done put the rest of the grated cheese on top and then place in the oven at 180 degrees for 30/45 mins - till the cheese has browned.